Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Accessory?

B

Bennyboy

Jurisdiction
Illinois
So the other day after leaving the gym, my buddy said he'd "grab" us some protein bars at jewel. So I assumed he'd be buying them. I drove up and he got out and went in and came out a little after and got in my car and we drove off and he said he stole them. Also he claimed that one of the store associates might have seen him walk in and walk out without purchasing anything (didn't see him actually take them). What are possible the possible outcomes for me in this situation?

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Until such time as you are contacted by Police I would not worry. If that happens answer no questions and request presence of a Lawyer before you answer any questions. At this point NO ONE can say what will happen or what charges might be pursued. Stay out of that store and away from their parking lot. I would also consider or in this case reconsider your friendships.

What are possible the possible outcomes for me in this situation?

Your body has digested the allegedly stolen protein bar, and by this time you've excreted it through your bodily functions.

I suggest you say no more about this sordid affair to anyone.

I also suggest you sever all ties with the gym rat who is inclined to commit crimes.

Back