Access to children

Status
Not open for further replies.

gem_

:confused: My friends son and wife has recently separated, his mother is my best friend and Im really concerned because they understand that because his wife refuses access to the children unless it goes to court her son will not be able to see his children. They have learnt today that although he has been unable to work through injury for the past 8 weeks should he return to work in the not to distant future he will be liable for any cost associated with the court case. His income is such that he will not beable to take this matter further through the courts, therefore what alternative available for him to gain access to his children.

My friend is in a very distressed state as the twins birthday is in 10 days time and as far as we are aware are unable to visit or send presents, including myself who is their godmother.

Any body out there who can forward any advice would be much appreciated.

He needs to somehow file for emergency custody for court.

Be sure that he documents everything. Unfortunately until a court says otherwise both parents have equal rights. She should not be hiding the kids from him but there is nothing preventing her from doing this.

He should do whatever it takes to be able to hire an attorney.

Who has told them he will be responsible for all court costs? That is why he needs to get some legal representation.

In the future, please post questions like this in the Family Law part of this site.

What state is he in? He should go over to his courts law library/self help dept and research what he can do.

I hate to say this but do the kids go to school? Can we see them there? He needs to start getting tough with her and demand to see his children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back