Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct abused by postal inspector

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfall

I have a friend that held an investor meeting in Las Vegas. She asked me to help her out at the meeting to hand out paper and stuff.

Now there is a postal inspector knock on my door and said that my friend is under investigation for securities fraudulant. He asked all questions to get me say I was involved He never state that if i'm a suspect or free to go. Never mention that I have the right to remain silent but attacked me with quetions. I know nothing and I was there onlly to hand out handouts.

He put note on my door. He follow me to work. Put note on my car said I was lying. I feel like he's invading my privacy.

What should I do? Should I seek for legal cousel? Do I have to talk to him or answer his questions? He show up at my house without warrant and want to come in, should i let him in?

I don't have money to hire an attoney. Please advice. Thanks so much

Did you just take his word for it that he was a postal inspector???? In this day and age, you can't be that naive. You should have asked for his badge and checked it out; furthermore, you should have called the police if you were fearing for your safety!!! If this guy continues to stalk you, call the police and, if after that he doesn't go away, file a restraining order against him.

Last edited:
I have a friend that held an investor meeting in Las Vegas. She asked me to help her out at the meeting to hand out paper and stuff.

Now there is a postal inspector knock on my door and said that my friend is under investigation for securities fraudulant. He asked all questions to get me say I was involved He never state that if i'm a suspect or free to go. Never mention that I have the right to remain silent but attacked me with quetions. I know nothing and I was there onlly to hand out handouts.

He put note on my door. He follow me to work. Put note on my car said I was lying. I feel like he's invading my privacy.

What should I do? Should I seek for legal cousel? Do I have to talk to him or answer his questions? He show up at my house without warrant and want to come in, should i let him in?

I don't have money to hire an attoney. Please advice. Thanks so much
abused [doubtful] by postal inspector

1. I'd probably cooperate. Postal Inspectors have the highest conviction rate among the federal law enforcement agencies. They are considered the best investigators.

2. If you've been identified in their investigation, it means it's pretty serious. See #1 above.

3. If he/she showed up at your house and you invited him in, you invited him in.

4. If you were not under arrest, he/she has no legal obligation to read you your rights.

5. Most people lie when they are under investigation. Law enforcement assumes you are lying. See #1 above.

6. I'd probably cooperate. It's always better to tell the truth.

Good luck. You'll need it.

abused [doubtful] by postal inspector

1. I'd probably cooperate. Postal Inspectors have the highest conviction rate among the federal law enforcement agencies. They are considered the best investigators.

2. If you've been identified in their investigation, it means it's pretty serious. See #1 above.

3. If he/she showed up at your house and you invited him in, you invited him in.

4. If you were not under arrest, he/she has no legal obligation to read you your rights.

5. Most people lie when they are under investigation. Law enforcement assumes you are lying. See #1 above.

6. I'd probably cooperate. It's always better to tell the truth.

Good luck. You'll need it.

What he says is true, but if he CONTINUES and doesn't go away then you need to know your rights. If you have cooperated to the fullest extent you can, and honestly DIDN'T do anything, know the following:

1. There is NO law saying you have to answer any questions, or the door.

2. Do not answer the door. Unless it is someone you know. If it is a mail carrier, just have them leave it at the door.

3. DO NOT plead the 5th when you are asked questions. It just pisses them off more. Only plead the 5th in court. Respectfully decline, when asked a question, and say, "I'm sorry, but I'm not answering your questions without a lawyer".

4. If you go out, try to be with someone else. Police officers, and the like, like to get you when you're alone. So it's your word over theirs in court and the court, despite how incompetent the officer is, will take his word (this also depends if you have a lawyer or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back