abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lea10lea1

Can someone take you to court to make you prove an abortion was done

Can someone take you to court to prove an abortion

Last edited by a moderator:

It would be very unlikely that anyone except a few very powerful US government agencies could ever obtain any information about anyone's medical records and history.

If anyone asks you ANY question you don't want to answer, simply just say nothing.

If the person persists, stop communicating with that person.

You have no obligation answer ANY questions, so simply ZIP IT!

I have known of cases where a woman gets money for an abortion from a man who thinks he has impregnated the woman.
Later the man finds out the woman lied.
In some of those cases, the man killed (or had someone else to kill) the woman.
In other cases, the man and the woman fought, and the man beat, battered, and thumped the woman.

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive."
― Walter Scott, Marmion

Asked and answered in your other thread.

Last edited:
It depends. Like army judge says, it is likely that your medical records won't be exposed. Much of the time, empty threats are just to scare another person into doing something. I'd guess that of all the times I've heard threats to go to court they only resulted in a handful of actual cases. It takes time, effort and money to sue.

That said, it is possible that you may need to disclose the issue although probably unlikely. In a civil case, a plaintiff may be able to subpoena you to testify or to produce records. But there has to be a good reason for doing so. For example, let's say you told people in the neighborhood that your ex boyfriend beat you up and you lost your baby as a result of the incident. If he decides to sue you for defamation claiming it wasn't true, he might subpoena you to testify or to obtain your medical records to show that you couldn't have lost your baby that night because you had an abortion a week earlier on your own volition. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back