Consumer Law, Warranties Ability to offer promotional pricing to a subset of a group

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordwoot877

I have a very interesting problem that I am unsure if it breaks a law, or just is a poor morale decision.

In this case, party A has a special pricing program that offers special pricing to all non-profit organizations (501c). The program is even titled Non-profit pricing. However, party A will not accept ANY non-profit entity other than a 501(c)3 classification.

So, my question is this. What are the legal implications (if any) that party A only offers special pricing to one 501(c) company, when it specifically states that the program is for all non-profit organizations?

A business is free to offer discounts or special pricing to anyone they see fit.
They can even do it with the granularity that Party A does.
What Party A is doing isn't illegal.

As long as party A has stated the terms clearly, the army judge is 100% right on this one. They can specify and define what types of non-profit companies qualify for their discount in the same way they can offer a "generation x" discount to anyone between the ages of 20 and 30 but not a person who is 31 or older. It's their right so long as there is no discrimination issue or false advertising, e.g. bait and switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back