Criminal Law A whole new can of worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricial

lynette stewart said:
i have a question. my husband applied for his green card back in 2001. it was denied at that time. he was asked to appear infront of a immigration judge. back in 1991. he plead guilty to a felony case. his public defender told him since he didn't have his green card just plead guilty and he will get off. he did the same and did 5 years probation. he's never been in trouble since that day. he's a family man . we been married since 1995. during this marriage we had 1 child. he has 2 other children from prior relationships. my question is does he have any type of defense,

I am in a similar situation. Husband had one conviction, a felony, back in '95. He's never even remotely been in trouble since then. Was advised to plead guilty and got five years probation. He's an EXCELLENT husband and father. I'm a U.S. citizen (naturalized about five years now.) Anyway, can he renew his green card? He never got any deportation papers or had any proceedings started against him. If we renew, will that just open up a whole new can of worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back