a police officer ran into me

Status
Not open for further replies.

quesenberry

i live in woodbridge virginia 22191

i will try to make this short
i was going north bound , an police officer was going south bound , i had a green light and went thru it as i was the officer came from the second lane on his side around the left turning cars and thru the red light and clipped my left rear side and spun me around and up on the median , he had no lights or siren on , i have a witness on his side of the road that said he had no lights or siren on either, other police showed up asked for my liscence i gave it and asked for his ,i was told i dont need it, one officer asked me if i was retarded or something for not seeing the lights , i said no ! he said you have handicap plates did you black out b4 hitting the officer did you take to many meds , i said woo buddy he hit me , i just hurt my elbow and yes had an ambulance take me 2 the hospital , a police srgt met me there and gave me my licsence back but now its broke in half , i said what happened he said it was to cold out ....and took my side of there story
now over a month later i get ahold of risk management and they tell me the police have some kinda emunity and they wont pay for my car r compensate me in any way , i feel this is bull crap , he clearly broke the law and hit me
lawyers around here wont take the case because i only saw a doctor 1 time after the accident , i have liability insurence
i hope someone can help me here with lawyer help or something i can do on my own

Sue them in small claims court. Not sure about the Commonwealth and soverign immunity but file and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back