A piece to the puzzle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liberT

When I came back home to take care of my dad I was greeted with dirty looks and bad attitudes. For a long time, I couldn't figure out why. I was doing my best to help my dad but I was finding it extremely difficult not only on my own but against rude and blatent hostility in my own home. After my dad died, things got worse. I couldn't seem to find a friendly person anywhere. I wound up living in the only motel that would accept dogs. One night, there was a knock at my door. It was the police w/the licence plates off my car. I started to step outside but they stopped me and told me to put my dog up. The only place to put him was the bathroom in which he barely fit. Two of them came in, two were still outside, told me my plates were expired so they removed them. Then they just stood there looking around. Finally, the one I knew asked how my dad was. I told him that he died. The officer looked down and mumbled, "oh", then perked up and said,"Wasn't there something about you and your brother taking advantage of your dad and stealing his money to buy drugs?" Excuse me?! Was that what kept us from getting my dad the care he needed and allowing us to keep our home? And if the police had such serious concerns, shouldn't they have investigated that? We were taken advantage of more times than I can recall because my dad's mind wasn't so good and he didn't want to upset anything and I seemed to have lost all credibility so no one would listen to me. This attitude affected the police, our bank, our real estate dealings(the before which I believe have acted illegaly on many occations), the family attorney, and my ability to find a job in town, or a home.
I don't know what can be done about it now. I'm just tired of being dismissed, or told its me or my own fault, or that I'm crazy.

I don't know how to help you, except to say that you should keep all your posts in the same thread.

Here is your other post:
This is just a cube of my iceburg. After my mom got sick, right before she died, my dad put my name on the safety deposit box and I got the other copy of the key. Before he died, he named my sister and I CO-trustees of his trust. When he died, my sister took over.
Without my knowledge or consent, she had the safety deposit box re-keyed for a $100.00 fee she charged to the trust. Can she and the bank do that? Can they also turn off my atm card and access to my personal savings acct. to force me to call my sister? Are they allowed to refuse me access to the trust without first getting permission from my sister?
Before all this, they changed my address to my brother's new address when he moved out without sending that little postcard for confirmation. I didn't notice 'till months later when I didn't receive my new ATM card. I asked about it, they said it was my brother's address, which I didn't know. Then they wouldn't change it. It is a small town, but is this crap legal?
I suggest that you delete your other 2 threads. You'll get a better, more thorough response. Also, you may have to wait for a response. Check back tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back