A message to our beloved Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbg

Super Moderator
I seem to be locked out of the moderation panel. It knows who I am, and thanks me for logging in, but then asks me to log in again in a seemingly endless loop. Help, please!

I am on my spouses puter at the OBX. I must log in 4 times to be recognized. Try that in the MOD console.

OMG I just went to Yahoo local news. A pregnant woman drowned by the Hatteras Lighthouse yesterday. I was going to stop and tease her about climbing in the lighthouse pregnant, because I was completely numb after just doing it. I will always wonder if she would have drowned, had I engaged her n her hubby in conversation while waiting for my wife. The wife went to look at the lighthouse keepers homes, while I shuffled toward the parking lot.

Last edited:
I seem to be locked out of the moderation panel. It knows who I am, and thanks me for logging in, but then asks me to log in again in a seemingly endless loop. Help, please!
Sorry for the delay -- you're actually logged in. Just go to any page on the site and you'll see that the problem is temporary. Spent an entire weekend trying to figure out what was wrong but can't identify anything just as of yet. I cleaned out the database and hopefully it will work now but, for now, if you have the problem try this little fix out. :)

The problem isn't here - it's on the Moderation panel. I'm just fine on the boards. I was trying to approve a post and couldn't get in to do it.

where I cannot speak about moderation (dont have access) I can say I never log out of main board because loging back in is such a headache

There is no getting around it. I absolutely can get into the forums - no problem there. I absolutely cannot get into the moderation panel. I logged in 6 times. Each time it acknowledged me by screen name and asked me to please wait, only to take me right back to the login page again.

There is no getting around it. I absolutely can get into the forums - no problem there. I absolutely cannot get into the moderation panel. I logged in 6 times. Each time it acknowledged me by screen name and asked me to please wait, only to take me right back to the login page again.

Which is exactly what happens to me if I log out of forums since I have no moderation page to access

I stay logged in also at home. I was using wifes puter at the beach. I figured dragging 3 puters down there was enough for one family.

I really appreciate all of you telling me this. I'm not sure what is causing it and I'm going to hire someone to look into this. It's making me crazy as well and it shouldn't be happening. I know a great deal about these things but even I need a fresh pair of eyes to figure out why these anomalies are occurring.

Again... thank you all SO MUCH for taking an extra step and letting me know about this. I don't see it except for the problem of the front end sometimes not logging you in on the redirect after login and it requires a click to another page. I'll give you all an update when it is supposedly fixed and you can let me know if it really is or is not.

FYI, I also stay logged into the forums, but as you know the Mod panel takes an additional log-in. Thanks for checking. :)

I'll be checking out the login issue next. Apparently it's not only here but elsewhere as well. Drives me crazy sometimes too that it involves some small workaround. I'll have that on the agenda for next week. At least we've got the closed threads issue dealt with and I'll ahve it periodically closing old threads as well. Thanks again for the suggestions and the report of problems. Keep them coming. :)

I can get to the mod panel from Firefox, but not from IE. For what that's worth.

Cbg... have you cleared cookies from IE? It sounds like you have a browser issue rather than a site error.
I would clear cookies/cache, restart IE and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back