Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion A friend of mine was charged with burglary/assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggccomp

My friend walked up to somebody's car he did have words with the guy but nobody got assaulted the guy in the car is lying. There were witnesses but the guy didn't call the police until he was down the road away from all the other witnesses. My friend has no bond. Also is there someone I can call to tell what really happened?

If your friend just had words with the guy, he assaulted him. If he had slapped him, punched him, that would have been a battery. Since you didn't hear what your friend told the victim, your testimony would mean nothing. Your words won't help your buddy, but they might hurt you by implicating you in the crime. Why? How? If you were present (nearby), you could be charges as an accessory or a principal to your loudmouth friend's crimes!!!! If I were you, I'd keep my big mouth shut!!!!

He didn't get arrested just because someone made something up. The police found probable cause for an arrest.
Your comments don't address the burglary charge.

I never said I didn't hear what my friend said. He ask the guy why he stole some things out of his garage/apartment while he was gone for the weekend. We know he did it because the 19 year old girl who lives in the house unlocked the door for him to go in and take what he wanted. She admitted that she did this. My friend rents from one of his best friends he has been friends with for over 20 years this girl is his niece. My friend won't say anything cause he doesn't want her to get in any trouble that part I don't agree with. And yes the county I live in here in Florida will take you to jail on some b.s. charges that a lot of times will get nolle pros. before you can even make it to court for arraignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back