A famous social network is requesting my domain as well they shuted down my website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny123

Hi two months ago I bought a domain the domain contained a famous website's name IN it anyways the page was able go grow that in two months I had 900 people registered IN the page. Few days ago the famous website sent me an email saying that I needed to give them the domain, few hours later they called me and told me the same. Well I bought another domain but this time not with the famous name in it and the famous website contacted my webserver and filled a complain aginst my new domain and the shuted down my new page. Later on I contacted the famous social website and told them via email thAt I was going to give them the first domain but they needed to contact my webserver and remove the complain. I am waiting for them to answer me to start the domain transfer but iwant my other website to be online. What can ido to resolve this situation I need help.

Without knowing the name of the site, it's impossible to tell you. If the site is unique like "orkutsingles" then you may have a problem, especially if it is clear you were using their name in their industry and riding off the goodwill of their name. With regard to the second name, I don't think there is an issue and don't see how the site could legally demand that name as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back