Consumer Law, Warranties A contract for a minor under 18??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshestBaby90

So I am a manager of a singing group and since we're about to make it big pretty soon, I feel like it would be best that we had a contract that states that I am the manager and it's gonna stay that way for a few years lol BUT because we are all under 18, my father told me that I can't sign a contract by myself and I would need a gaurdian soooo why can't I just get a contract and have my mother sign for me, then i'll sign and then have a parent from each memeber of the group sign and then the group members themself sign. Would that work???? Or would I just have to wait until I'm 18?? Because I don't want anyone taking my spot as a manager although they all want me as their manager anyway..help! Thanxx! =)

You have great parents. They are correct. However, if all of you sign now, once you become the legal age of an adult in your state, those contracts are likely binding. This is because once you are of age you have "ratified" the contract if you continue to use it as the basis of your agreement as an adult.

Good luck!!! I've been there before, both as front man for the band and also a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back