A coersed will nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

meverton1

I believe my father's will was coersed by my cousin. My dad passed away on March 10, 2007. After his passing a will surfaced. My cousin was my father's power of atty for the last 2 years of my father's life. I was my mother's POA before she deceased in August 2007. I couln't do a good enough job helping my father as his POA because i live too far away to check in on him. My father has been in a mental instution 3 times in the past all on 302 petitions. Upon discharge the last tim approx 2 years he was diagnosed with depression and onset dementia, which is why he needed a POA to pay his bills, pick groceries etc.... I am sure he was discharged with medications for him to take for the dementia and depression. In the will my children were left with his bank accts totalling $5000.00. I have 3 children. Much to my surprise I was left out of the will altogether. The will stated that I was intentionally left out because I didn't show my father the love due to a parent and that I was estranged from my dad. My father's house was left to my cousin and his wife. The house was paid off years ago and valued at approx. $200,000.00. The will was dated August 2007. My cousin was 1 of the witnesses on the will surprise surprise. Which brings me to my question: My father never ever took the required meds prescribed for him by the psychiatrist (I am able to prove it), dementia is a progressive disease which means that meds, if taken, can only slow the process and considering no meds were ever taken the dementia process must have had to have worsened over the last year or so how could my father's will have been made out with a diminished mental capacity? Oh, also my father never would have left such a small amount of money to his grand kids, he loved them and always wanted them to go to college etc..I believe that my cousin coersed my father's will and made sure to get herself in it. This is a disgrace, do I have a pretty good case? Please help, for my kids sake. Thanks

...My dad passed away on March 10, 2007....I was my mother's POA before she deceased in August 2007....The will was dated August 2007....

Well, you have me confused.

Start over with a timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back