Breaking a Lease A/C unit not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

amandae905

I have been living in a home since march and we have had problems with the a/c unit. The unit is not cooling down the home everyday the temperature in the home is 80 degrees. The a/c starts to cool the house down everyday at 8 pm. I have call the rental company (the American Home) and told them the problem. They have came out to the house 7 times and have yet to fix the problem. A senior tech has came out stating that the a/c is too small for the home. I have three small children and advise the rental company my kids cannot live like this. The rental company just keeps sending out people to look at the a/c unit I explained to them that i am giving my 30 day notice and the said we wont get the security deposit back because we are breaking the lease. I explained to her the problem we are having and they didn't care. I don't know what else to do

I have been living in a home since march and we have had problems with the a/c unit. The unit is not cooling down the home everyday the temperature in the home is 80 degrees. The a/c starts to cool the house down everyday at 8 pm. I have call the rental company (the American Home) and told them the problem. They have came out to the house 7 times and have yet to fix the problem. A senior tech has came out stating that the a/c is too small for the home. I have three small children and advise the rental company my kids cannot live like this. The rental company just keeps sending out people to look at the a/c unit I explained to them that i am giving my 30 day notice and the said we wont get the security deposit back because we are breaking the lease. I explained to her the problem we are having and they didn't care. I don't know what else to do

Sorry, you're stuck with the deal you made.

You can pay to repair or replace (with the landlord's permission), but it appears the landlord believes it isn't their responsibility.

You might want to read your lease.

Your lease explains who has agreed to do what, when, and why.

You haven't indicated how much losing your security deposit will cost you; would it be cheaper to simply purchase a few of the smaller 5000 BTU window units to help with the air conditioning? These are typically only a bit over $100 at Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart.

I'm in Georgia too and use these in our upstairs bedroom (Bill has one in his office room) instead of running the central air at night. They do a very good job and are quite economical in the power bills.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back