a broken window whos responsible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catboyo

my son and a group of friends were accused of breaking a neighbors window. no one saw my son throw rocks at this neighbors house,but was identified as one of the children hanging around the area just before the window was broken.when i asked my son what had happened he confirmed that he was there but did not throw rocks at the neighbors house and pointed out the child who did break the window. my irate neighbor who only has my sons name and does not know the other kids names or addresses is trying to get me to pay for her window. i refused since my child did not break her window, she called the police and the cop told me that since my child was there he is partialy responsible is this right ???

If your child didn't throw the rock and nobody saw him/her do so, then I don't see how your child is responsible for being in the area. There needs to be enough evidence, at least civilly, to say it is more likely than not that your child threw the rock. I fail to see that. But then again, I don't know what happened and we're just talking about the facts I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back