9 months still no tags

MsRLScott

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
Filled out paperwork August 2015 7 rejection letters from 5 bank's car dealer still saying they are dealing with it.
Yesterday they came took paper tag and said they are taking car back for lack of payment.
I asked how can we give you a payment when you never told us the payment amount, never gave us registration and tags we paid for .asked for deposit $1,500.00 back they refused. Need to sue for breach of contract theft falsifying document's
They gave us new papers saying we purchased car in February 2017.
How do I go about getting our money Back.

So if I understand correctly you've had possession of the vehicle for 9 months for $1500 plus sales tax and fees? I wouldn't expect any money back honestly, unless it's a hunk of junk that's pretty cheap "rental" rates. However they should give you an accounting of what you owe for the nine months less what you paid and of course it all depends on what you've signed. Be prepared that there is also a possibility that you will get nothing back and you will owe them more based on the miles you put on the car and the condition. Damage, missing items etc. It might be possible to obtain a refund of the money designated for taxes and fees but again it just depends on what you've signed.

We wouldn't mind keeping the car if they would just give us tags and tell us what payment's are.from what they say no bank will approve loan. We keep getting rejection letter from bank's they keep saying they have it handled until last Wed when they took paper tag and said it's being repoed
S.l.e.d. agent who we have helped in their investigation on this dealership told us not to let them have car.she is a single mom of 3 minor kid's she needs a car and they have every cent she had .there is no More savings no extra money

If she can't get finance approval she can't keep the car. Single Mom and regardless of how many kids, I'm sorry but she's had the car for 9 months and hasn't made one payment. If there is no money to make the payments what really do you expect?

We wouldn't mind keeping the car if they would just give us tags and tell us what payment's are.from what they say no bank will approve loan. We keep getting rejection letter from bank's they keep saying they have it handled until last Wed when they took paper tag and said it's being repoed
S.l.e.d. agent who we have helped in their investigation on this dealership told us not to let them have car.she is a single mom of 3 minor kid's she needs a car and they have every cent she had .there is no More savings no extra money

If a SC Law enforcement official told you to RESIST a repo, I suggest you contact said official requesting DETAILED instructions on how you're supposed to do that.

Be sure you document your instructions to help defend yourself when you're arrested while thwarting the repo man or repo woman.

Back