80mph ticket on a 50 limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

element10

hey everyone.. i have a question regarding my ticket.. i live in NC and i got a speeding ticket for doin 80 on a 50.. i checked the ny dmv and it said that if you have a ny license and u get a speeding ticket in another state you wont get points because the ny dmv wont get your records.. now my question is will NC get my records from the NY ticket and will i get points or suspension? also in oct i aslo got a speedint ticket in NY for doin 59 on a 30. i went to court and plead guilty.. the judge said he wasnt gonna suspend my license so i just paid the ticket.. but he didnt say anything about points. im just wondering in NY would suspend my license or would they send this back to NC.. thanks

NC can (and probably will) suspend your your driving privlidges in NC if convicted of the NC violation.

See a lawyer if you need to continue to drive in NC.

Check again with NY to see what they will do if you are suspended in NC.

right now im stayin in new york for a few months cuz im gonna get married soon and my fiance and family live in ny.. i wont be goin back to nc for a few months. My question is, is it possible that ill still be able to drive in ny if nc suspends my license?

Call the NY DMV to find out what happens if NC suspends your privileges..

A suspension in NC is likely to haunt you for a long time. A conviction might even be a misdemeanor. I'd get an attorney, they can handle it without your presence.

ving Driving w/o Ins.in N.C. 2days after it was cancelled

Read a few post from NC residents,and I'm praying for a "NO",or "Don't think so"reply.
Have been in hospital having some very extensive spine surgery done.
I'm from Guilford County,had surgery done in Wilmington.
While I've been recouperating (around two months)at Mother's home in Brunswick County, my insurance lapsed.
I haven't been able to drive muc at all unti recently,but was caught speeding on Hwy 17 in Brunswick County in Shallotte. Cops took my tags off my truck,and took my Drivers license.He ask me if I knew that my Drivers License were suspended? I replied with a troubled look on my face saying No. He should have knownnbut had no idea why. (but I did.(Failure to pay court cost for a ticket I got back in May 2005 in Greensboro.) Does anyone know if N.C. Counties are linked together concerning Drivers License? I KNOW they are as far as Tags go.The reason I ask is because the cop should have known .
They towed my truck,and the cop said,"Come by the Police Station,show me that you've got it insured,and you can have your tags,and DL back.(If I would have been in Guilford County,they would have taken me in.Have an order for arrest for a failure to appear for another violation.
Called an Insurance Company this AM,and they told me to bring my Drivers License,and Registration by so they could get VIN # from it and I could get insurance.
It really does not seem that NC Countie are linked as far as Drivers License are concerned.In fact,I have several other charges in Guilford County that should have shown up when the cop checked.
I could have pulled away from there if there hadn't been another cop which happened to pull in behind him and ran my plates to find I had no insurance.
Does anyone living in Guilford,or surrounding counties happen to know the answer to my question? It doesnt seem they are tied to each other concerning DL. Thanks,
GreggNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back