80 in a 40 reckless driving VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillythekid

I received a reckless driving citation for excessive speed, and a ticket going 80mph in a 40 mph zone. It was late at night and no-one was on the road. I was also going through some stomach issues and needed a restroom, thus the reason I was speeding. It happened on a federal parkway and I need to appear in district court. Has anyone been in similar situations, I was wondering about the possible penalities I could be facing, jailtime? loss of license? FYI, i have a perfectly clean driving record

Don't even think about making excuses in court for driving 80 in a 40, will backfire bigtime.

Jailtime is unlikely but talking to an attorney will be a good investment to minimize your insurance increases.

There are hundreds of messages here similar to yours, try a search to learn more.

Update

I had my trial this mourning at the Federal District Court in Alexandria. With the help of my attorney, I was able to pleabargin out of the misdemeanear, and i pleaded guilty to simple speeding. $400 fine and i was able to keep my license. 6 pts on the license but better then a criminal record. i am satisfied with the results. good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back