76 mph in a 55 mph

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyspeed

Hi,

I was riding along going threw albamara N.C. and i saw a state trooper i let off the gas as everyone does when they see one my radar detector didnt go off so i was like ok and kinda crused along at the speed limit. He u turns in the middle of the road and pulls me over and says i was going 76 in a 55 i dont really believe i was going that fast and dont really know what to do. my friend got a ticket for 70 in a 45 and plead for a prayer judgement and got out of it, i wanted to know would this be the right thing for me to do. because i dont want my insurance to go up and really dont want to loose my lisence. If someone can give me any advice plz help me figure out a way to do something.

all depends on how clean your license is -- I just had the exact same situation ... prayer for judgement should be used when you can't plead your case down. (i.e. 85 in a 45 or some other egregious mistake that will get you in big trouble, furthermore, it can only be used once in a 3 year period for ALL members of your household.)

Go, be early, stand in line, be courteous to the magistrate. Tell him the truth - you thought it was a 65 zone. Hope that he's nice and gets you down to 9 miles above the speed limit (64 in a 55) that's a $10 speeding ticket + $100 court costs, but no insurance points.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back