75 in a 55 in N.C. **Please Help**

Status
Not open for further replies.

almnidr

Banned
To whom it may concern:

I received a citation this afternoon by a N.C. State Trooper. I was going 75 in a 55. I wasn't driving recklessly and was just speeding. Going 20mph over in this state, from what I understand can result in a suspension of your license. I'm from out of state, Pennsylvania. I have one ticket for running a red light in PA when I was 17 and paid that in full and on time. Other then that I have a clean and excellent driving record. I'm also accident free and have excellent insurance coverage. I can prove this. I want to keep my record clean and think I need to hire a lawyer to defend me. I also don't want to pay the enormous costs associated with the citation etc… I'm a 26 year old male and also in the Marine Corps for the past eight years. What are the proper steps I need to take? Thank you for your time.

How do you think an attorney can defend you? You admit going 20 miles over the speed limit. The fact that you have good insurance coverage and are a marine play no role in any of this.

You have no defense against the ticket for speeding. The cost of a lawyer would exceed the cost of your ticket.

Gail

Dude go to court you have no priors in 9 years they'll ask you if you want to pead guilty to a lesser charge probably impeding traffic say yes pay the fine,gets no points get on with your life it's just a traffic violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back