lipglos5ed

MIP alcohol 3-3-23
Improper lane change 40-6-123
Reckless driving 40-6-390
speeding 40-6-181
DUI less safe 40-6-391
DUI over 0.02 under 21 40-6-391
Violation of class d license 40-6-???

Story: I am 19 years old, and was driving home from a college party at GSU @ the dorms. This was around 4am-4:30am when I decided to go home because I was leaving for the beach at 7am the same day, and I wanted to make sure I got home in time so that I had all my things packed. Prior to getting home, I was speeding 88mph in a 55mph highway (85interstate). I had to meet my boyfriend near the lenox exit, so I saw that I was almost going to pass it, and I changed about 5 lanes (no one was there) so that I wouldnt miss it, and believe it or not, I didn't miss it but the cop sure saw me. He pulled me over and asked if I had been drinking. I had about a large glass of wine approx. 3 hours ago, and told him "No sir I have not been." He took me out of the car and said I violated the Class D driving license but I honestly had no idea I had to change it..I thought that once I was over 18 that law no longer had any effect on me? He then asked me why I was going home, I told him "Im eager to get home home" and then he asked me to step out. Soon after, I admitted to drinking wine earlier, he took a sobriety test and a breathlyzer test that read 0.041...he arrested me, searched my car (without my consent), impounded my car, and took me to the station. Is there any way I can perhaps try to aim for a lesser charge? What are the consequences? What should I do?? Did he have any right to searching my car without my permission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back