626.207 Disqualification of applicants and licensees; penalties agains

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackhouser18

I would post the link to the pertinent law but I am unable to at the moment as I have less then 10 posts.

Hello, I am just finishing up for my 2-15 Insurance License and I was requested to provide additional information on my two misdemeanors from my past. They both were for Petit Theft. One was in 2009 of October and the other was in January of 2012. I need legal advise on this matter and not a lecture on ethics. I was around some very bad influences and was going through a difficult time of my life and made impulsive choices that I did not learn from until the second time. Since then I have gotten my AA degree and am working towards my BA with a 4.0 GPA. I have been volunteering and helping the community and even help out at a local homeless shelter. In essence, that was the person who I was, not who I am today. I wish to work in the insurance field because of the sales experience it will give me as I continue through my college degree and it will also provide a living wage that I do not receive in the food industry, which I currently work in.

Anyways, my issue is with subsection (5-6). This wording is very vague and I feel the use of the word additional disqualifying period implies that there has to be a condition that a first disqualifying period. In addition it is very vague about when it says that the department shall adopt rules as it does not imply it has adopted rules or what those rules are.

When I applied for my license the application was only concerned about felonies and crimes related to the financial service industry. I feel that if 2 of any misdemeanor would disqualify you it would have at least asked that individual as it did ask about the other qualifications.

Additional Info: Documents requested by state for each offense has been sent and awaiting response.
Additional Info: The documents they wished to receive for both offenses were complaint affidavits, arrest statement, sentence/verdict, and probation completion. They also wished to receive a additional document if any of my cases had a adjudication withheld.
Additional Info: First offense was withheld (document sent), second was conviction of guilty
Additional Info: All past due fees, probation, etc have been satisfied over a year ago.
Additional Info: All other requirements for license have been fulfilled included exam.

I suggest you pose those questions to the correct authority, the licensing agency in FL.

There is nothing we can do to influence the state authorities.

Otherwise, you can discuss this with your elected state representative in FL and your FL state senator.

You are also FREE to retain a FL licensed attorney and discuss this matter with him or her at your expense.

You can find out their respective names by searching for their information online on the website below:

http://www.stateofflorida.com/Portal/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=79

Last edited:
I believe I would start by contacting the licensing board in your state re your questions & then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back