44 in a 30 zone speed trap -Oakland, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

moe_

i was caught in a speed trap doing 44 in a 30 zone. when the officer flaged me down to pull over he was standing in the middle of the street(4 lane road,2 in each direction). On the ticket he marked me down as driving #2 of 2 lane. can i say that since the officer steped out onto the street to flag me down, that i must of not been driving at a dangerous speed ? He used a radar gun reading me at 44. Since i didn't notice him till he walked out onto the street waving, is it possible for him to radar some one else for that speed?Do i Have a case here?

Thanks for your help, Moe

Last edited:
California Speeding Ticket

can i say that since the officer steped out onto the street to flag me down, that i must of not been driving at a dangerous speed

You can use the fact that you were driving a a resonable and prudent speed as a defense if you have been charged under California's basic speed law. This takes a lot of time and research to have even a 50/50 chance of the ticket being dismissed. The problem is that if you lose the speeding ticket goes on your record for insurance purposes and traffic school is not an option.

In California most people do online traffic school for minor speeding tickets since this keeps the ticket from raising your insurance premiums. Here is a link for more information
ONLINE TRAFFIC SCHOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back