Consumer Fraud $4000 gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestia

My dad owns a liquor store. A customer came in and brought in a check, the name, address and the rest of the information completely matched the information on the I'd, he cashed him out for 4000$ his son comes back a couple months later and let's my dad know that it was probably his dad because they live together and share the same name. His son had went to court and said that it was not him that cashed the check and he won the case and my dad lost 4000 without even being notified. What can my dad do right now?

My dad owns a liquor store. A customer came in and brought in a check, the name, address and the rest of the information completely matched the information on the I'd, he cashed him out for 4000$ his son comes back a couple months later and let's my dad know that it was probably his dad because they live together and share the same name. His son had went to court and said that it was not him that cashed the check and he won the case and my dad lost 4000 without even being notified. What can my dad do right now?

Tell dad to stop cashing checks, because banks don't sell liquor.

Why would your Dad cash a $4k check for apparently a perfect stranger? (not that it matters now since he already did it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back