Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial 40+% of criminal Notices to appear are being sent to wrong address's for 3 years or more.

Justup

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
It came to my attention last year that 10 notices to appear on two different cases, but on same individual were being sent to an address 160 miles away that had not been used in many years. I decided to check and see if this was the only instance of this happening. IT WAS NOT. I have since found dating from May 2016 forward an average of 8 cases per 20 cases per page on court website. These cases with the bad address's are on the different search criteria of 3 prosecuting attorneys, the Judge, the state, etc. they seem to consistently show up across all searches.
With one prosecutor having 65 pages since 2016=1200+ cases, this is a lot of bad address's. I have spot checked and the results are running consistently about the same.
I don't know what to do about this... I have notified, Attorney General, got a basic NOT our problem - administrative ERROR, FBI "yawn, ya I'm writing this down", even the Prosecuting Attorney, suggested I call her office and we could "VISIT"...
I have checked for FTA, they do not show up on the website. I have found Bond forfeiture letters with multiple names, part of those have bad address on them.
I check for bad address's by checking the Criminal Information and Warrant, it has the "LAST KNOWN" address as stated by "Ark Law" . I then check the notice PA (plea and Arraignment) if they do NOT MATCH i count that as a bad address.... The ones that are OK I mark as such... I have a website with the files and the results if that helps explain it...
WHAT TO DO??? I have NO vested interest what so ever in the outcome, I do NOT have any criminal charges against me or other. This is NOT RIGHT in my opinion and needs to STOP.
There is another case against a Judge Mark Derrick for running a debtors prison, a class action. Same court house..

I have NO vested interest what so ever in the outcome, I do NOT have any criminal charges against me or other. This is NOT RIGHT in my opinion and needs to STOP

You can express your concerns to state, county, and municipal elected officials.
You are also free to speak with your US representative and both US senators.

You can express your concerns to state, county, and municipal elected officials.
You are also free to speak with your US representative and both US senators.
Thank You I forgot about the state LOL, Municipal has fired the chief of police, etc.. I would be hesitant trying to talk to them... County not sure..

I'm not clear what you hope to achieve, or even what the perceived problem is.

For these instances where mail was sent to an old address do you have evidence supporting that more current information was available?
Are you suggesting that all of the people charged with obtaining and maintaining this information have conspired against random individuals to cause them to fail to appear in court?

I'm not clear what you hope to achieve, or even what the perceived problem is.

For these instances where mail was sent to an old address do you have evidence supporting that more current information was available?
Are you suggesting that all of the people charged with obtaining and maintaining this information have conspired against random individuals to cause them to fail to appear in court?

Yes I do! To determine IF it is a good address or not, I compare the Notice of PA against the criminal information and warrant, which are the newest documents the court has.
I do not know if all of them conspired or not, but 3 years and a blind eye? The Judge, 3 Prosecuting Attorneys, Clerks, etc and NO one noticed and corrected it? Makes me wonder. Most of these are for minor drug <2g or paraphernalia, I don't know if this is deliberate or if they just prosecute more drug charges or not.

Seems like a clerical issue.
Just because an address is the most recently obtained does not mean it is the best one.

Having not received a notice to appear is an argument for a defendant to make in court. I don't see that there is anything at all for you to do with this information.

If anything, you might arrange to meet with a court administrator to explain what you found. They can decide whether or not to make changes.

Seems like a clerical issue.
Just because an address is the most recently obtained does not mean it is the best one.

Having not received a notice to appear is an argument for a defendant to make in court. I don't see that there is anything at all for you to do with this information.

If anything, you might arrange to meet with a court administrator to explain what you found. They can decide whether or not to make changes.

Thank you for your reply, but from what I understand from Arkansas Law it is the "last known address" not the best...

Do you have any actual, first hand knowledge of what means any of these agencies uses to confirm, update, or authenticate any addresses?

Do you have any actual, first hand knowledge of what means any of these agencies uses to confirm, update, or authenticate any addresses?

No I think driver licenses, etc, but they have the current court doc with last known address as stated by state law, and it appears this started about in May 2016, I would think if it is the DMV they would have caught the problem by now, this court suspends DL like crazy so a person updating DL info is not possible for most.

So you are just making assumptions as to what they are doing and how they are doing it, and making judgments based on those assumptions?

So you are just making assumptions as to what they are doing and how they are doing it, and making judgments based on those assumptions?

No not at all, why would you say that? I have proof of the notices going to the wrong address, as shown on the notices on the court website, I have proof of the "last known address" as required by Ark. LAW. I have checked couple hundred records. I check 5 pages in a row from the court (100 records), there were exactly 40 of those that are sent to address's that are NOT listed on the most recent documents of the criminal information and the warrant that they went to that address to arrest that person at. Even affidavits asking for Pub. Defenders, show address that are -on the Information/warrants, not on the Notices. I have checked Bond Forfeiture LETTERS listing 8-11 cases, about 40% of those have Notices sent to different address's than the INFO/WARRANTS and had FTA's as shown on the Orders.

IF I WERE TO make assumptions some might be that they prosecute minor cases without sufficient evidence, they bully defendants into plea deal/guilty pleas, they target addicts, and a few more, but I have only minor proof of those assumptions. ALSO a unproved assumption as yet, would be they extort thousands of dollars in fines/court costs, probation fees and installment fees on all the cases, just some of them so far, but as I said those would be unproven assumption as of now.
BTW where in the law books does it state that: "stole misc and etc" show up as a crime for probable cause, especially on a affidavit for arrest...?

But you are ASSuming that they didn't make a proper attempt to locate the correct address. You said yourself that you have no first hand knowledge of what attempts they made.

But you are ASSuming that they didn't make a proper attempt to locate the correct address. You said yourself that you have no first hand knowledge of what attempts they made.

BUT you are ASSuming that the court clerks JOB is to play cop, detective, special agent and track someone down in VIOLATION of state law that state the notices are to be sent to "LAST KNOWN ADDRESS". Example... When a cop picks a person up on a Bench warrant at 102 Front St. Beebe Ar on 3/1/19 and the court sends Notice of PA on 3/5/19 to 333 Beach St, Conway, Ar. You don't see a problem? The address of 102 Front St. Beebe, Ar is on the warrant and criminal information, who knows where the beach st address came from. When this occurs 40 times within 100 records in a row, I consider it more than an "occasional clerk error" every spot check of 20 records shows 6-8 or more with the address different.

You're entitled to your opinion.

But until you get someone in authority to agree with you that the law is being violated, you're going to have to live with the frustration.

Obviously you have no cares in life if you can waste all this time worrying about strangers' criminal problems.

OR I am a 71 year old grandmother who does not chose to leave this earth with this kind of a mess behind for my grand children and great grand children to suffer through and deal with. and yes I do care about "strangers criminal problems" when I don't feel that they are getting a "fair trial" and the deck is being stacked against them. I feel for their families that are suffering as well... the children crying cause dad/mom is in jail spending MORE time than they should, the stigma that attaches to them as well. The spouse having to deal with life alone, waiting, crying from frustration at the lack of support and help. Yes I DO care, DO YOU?

No I do not. If someone follows the laws they won't have these issues. If they choose to break the law then it's up to them to deal with their legal problems.

I don't think you'll be around too long if all you have to do is worry about every law breaker's problems. You have no standing here and are powerless to do anything about these things.

Maybe you should go to law school and then you can go around representing thousands of these people for free.

No I do not. If someone follows the laws they won't have these issues. If they choose to break the law then it's up to them to deal with their legal problems.

I don't think you'll be around too long if all you have to do is worry about every law breaker's problems. You have no standing here and are powerless to do anything about these things.

Maybe you should go to law school and then you can go around representing thousands of these people for free.

I don't recall ever saying I cared about law breaker's problems, in fact I don't recall mentioning any charges except drugs which they do over due... what the point was, as you seem to ignore in your haste to put me down, is the court sending notices to wrong address's... but you are right this has been a total waste of my time, I was wrong to think that people like you would have any kind of constructive, helpful comments. Have a good life, I feel for you...

Back