Criminal Records, Expungement 37 years later

Status
Not open for further replies.

missma

Hi there,

I would like to know if a 37 year old shoplifting offense (value $6.00) would still be on a my record. I remember being index fingerprinted and giving a fake name and address, as I was only 15 or 16 years old and scared to death. I paid the court that day $50.00 and went home. This was in a very small town in the midwest.

Now, 37 years later, I got real stupid and walked out of a Costco with a $99.00 item. I was taken back into store by security and they retrieved the item from my handbag, wrote me up and called police. I was arrested, handcuffed, fingerprinted, and photo was taken.
They told me they would let me go on my own regognasance in 4-6 hours after they processed me, but only if this was a first offense. Or I would need to post a $1000 cash bail. In about 6 hours I was released, without bail, a ticket and a court date coming up in 7 weeks.

I guess my concern is this: Did the old court possible not file it? Could it still show up? Is it just too old to still be on my record? How long does this kind of offense normally stay on record. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back