30 days notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momorgan

I have a lease that ends December 31,2014. The property gave me a 30 days notice nov 5th to end dec 5th I asked to be able to pay rent and stay until the end of the month when my lease is up and was told no I needed to be out dec 5th. I left dec 5th paid motels slept with my kids in te car until I was notified something was taped to my door which was another exact same 30 day notice with a date of jan 8th. I contacted the owner who said yes I can stay until the 8th if I pay rent which wouldn't e deducted from no motel money I then called their lawyer who told me I can't do anything they corrected it (after I was gone) and then the owner refused my rent stating I left the premises. I don know if I should regain property for the month or what rights I have because of thier mistake

I have a lease that ends December 31,2014. The property gave me a 30 days notice nov 5th to end dec 5th I asked to be able to pay rent and stay until the end of the month when my lease is up and was told no I needed to be out dec 5th. I left dec 5th paid motels slept with my kids in te car until I was notified something was taped to my door which was another exact same 30 day notice with a date of jan 8th. I contacted the owner who said yes I can stay until the 8th if I pay rent which wouldn't e deducted from no motel money I then called their lawyer who told me I can't do anything they corrected it (after I was gone) and then the owner refused my rent stating I left the premises. I don know if I should regain property for the month or what rights I have because of thier mistake

The mistake was yours, if any mistakes were made.
You voluntarily left the property after receiving a 30 day notice to quit.
You could have ignored that request.
Only a judge can order you to be evicted, and no court hearing can be scheduled until after you decline the voluntary invitation to vacate.
Sadly, its all water over the damn, spilled milk, or a shattered Humpty Dumpty who fell off the wall.
I hope you find a new home for the holidays.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to your and yours from me and mine.

You requested to be a holdover tenant and it was denied. They later changed their minds, probably because the new potential tenant fell through and offered a 30 day lease. Your offer was a 30 day lease ending on Jan 8th. Your hotel stay in between is irrelevant. Why you elected to be homeless during the holiday is not clear to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back