1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

3 year old medical bill in Texas

Discussion in 'Medical Bills, Debt' started by Richard Wilding, Nov 10, 2019 at 12:16 AM.

1. Richard Wilding

Richard Wilding Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Texas
    I received a medical bill from a ambulance company for an event that occurred over 3 years ago. The insurance company paid their portion back in 2016. I never received a bill for the balance until today 11/9/19. Do I have to pay this bill or has the statute of limitations run out? Thank you.

2. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

SOL for medical bills in Texas is 4 years so I guess you're still on the hook.

3. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

As is often noted in these situations, even if the statute of limitations expires you will still owe the money and it could still be shown in your credit report as delinquent. The SOL just keeps the creditor from pursuing you in court over the debt. They can continue to attempt to collect as long as they like.