3 weeks no AC - No help from Property Management

Yes, you can call and email as often as you want. No law says otherwise.

However, there is also no law that says they have to respond to each and every call or email. You are not their only tenant and they do have other things to do than send you a constant stream of updates; "12:45, no, we haven't heard back yet", "1:35, no, we haven't heard back yet", "2:50, no, we haven't heard back yet", "3:25,no, we haven't heard back yet"...

Yes, you can call and email as often as you want. No law says otherwise.

However, there is also no law that says they have to respond to each and every call or email. You are not their only tenant and they do have other things to do than send you a constant stream of updates; "12:45, no, we haven't heard back yet", "1:35, no, we haven't heard back yet", "2:50, no, we haven't heard back yet", "3:25,no, we haven't heard back yet"...
Yeah you right, however all I asked was for a call back and update, some kind of acknowledgement.....so yes if I don't get that....I'm going to call as much as I want...

Of course it's possible to live without a/c but I sure wouldn't want to anymore. Didn't have it growing up in Louisiana and it was miserable. It also makes a difference it you are used to the heat or not. I did some studying a while back because my husband works outside in the heat, and if I remember right it takes your body about 3 weeks to adjust.

I guess.. for some people it will...for some it won't

If I were facing this dilemma, it would show me the true colors of the landlord.

I'd rent an air conditioner or go to a hotel.

Those would be my immediate, short term solutions.

Long term I'd ask what it would cost me to terminate my lease.
Concurrently to that discussion, I'd begin looking for my new home.

Why?

Because my landlord is a sneaky, greedy snake.

I might be a small worm to him or her.

However, his actions would show me that as a snake, he has no concern for us worms.

I'd pay him tribute, and find a place that treated worms and snake equally.

Back to you, your landlord and property management have shown you how important your needs are versus their needs.

Yet, on the first of each month, your unimportant money is eagerly accepted and expected.

I don't need some lousy statute, written by snakes, that protects snakes; to teach me that worms aren't wanted, but their money is sought after.

Yeah, that;s what this old worm would do.

You aren't a worm, you're a human being paying for housing and being ignored.

The law doesn't really care, and will send you chasing snipes making you think the law cares.

I'm not being ignored or mistreated, but I don't need to be abused to feel your pain, and recognize the disdain being tossed at you.

Hey, I'm just one of millions internet worms and trolls, so I'll burrow deeper into my wormhole now.

If I were facing this dilemma, it would show me the true colors of the landlord.

I'd rent an air conditioner or go to a hotel.

Those would be my immediate, short term solutions.

Long term I'd ask what it would cost me to terminate my lease.
Concurrently to that discussion, I'd begin looking for my new home.

Why?

Because my landlord is a sneaky, greedy snake.

I might be a small worm to him or her.

However, his actions would show me that as a snake, he has no concern for us worms.

I'd pay him tribute, and find a place that treated worms and snake equally.

Back to you, your landlord and property management have shown you how important your needs are versus their needs.

Yet, on the first of each month, your unimportant money is eagerly accepted and expected.

I don't need some lousy statute, written by snakes, that protects snakes; to teach me that worms aren't wanted, but their money is sought after.

Yeah, that;s what this old worm would do.

You aren't a worm, you're a human being paying for housing and being ignored.

The law doesn't really care, and will send you chasing snipes making you think the law cares.

I'm not being ignored or mistreated, but I don't need to be abused to feel your pain, and recognize the disdain being tossed at you.

Hey, I'm just one of millions internet worms and trolls, so I'll burrow deeper into my wormhole now.
Yes, I did I got the window unit.....Thank you for understanding ...... you said everything that I feel.....that was my first thought about the property management and landlord......They don't give a damn.....they just want the money......and yes I'm in the process of buying a home...hopefully it will happen sooner than later....Thank you so much!!

Back