Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 2nd time Shoplifting

Chaduk08

Jurisdiction
Arizona
Hi I was caught shoplifting at a retail store. The amount of the items were about $150. I was arrested to be finger printed, the officer gave me a citation and then released me. I was arrested over 2 years ago for the same thing but was given the diversion program. I want to know the worse that could happen and the best case scenerio could be. I know what I done is wrong and that there are consequences to my actions. I want know what I can do so this does not affect me in the present and future. Also if there is a way that I can get my record expunged.

A second offense proves a pattern. Obviously you don't understand consequences if the first diversion program didn't teach them to you and didn't "scare you straight". There is no best scenario - it will affect you in the present and future. You have proven that you didn't learn the first time around. I suggest getting a local attorney to see if there is anything they can help with. I hope that the judge takes into account that this is not your first offense.

Hi I was caught shoplifting at a retail store. The amount of the items were about $150. I was arrested to be finger printed, the officer gave me a citation and then released me. I was arrested over 2 years ago for the same thing but was given the diversion program. I want to know the worse that could happen and the best case scenerio could be. I know what I done is wrong and that there are consequences to my actions. I want know what I can do so this does not affect me in the present and future. Also if there is a way that I can get my record expunged.

You used your ONE AND ONE ONLY get out of jail FREE card, mate.
Now your criminal record will show TWO arrests, diversion, and maybe a conviction.

You're screwing up your life over a lousy $150.

You won't get jail, if convicted.

You'll get a higher fine, more community service hours, maybe be ordered to take 2 or 3 classes, and probably probation, if you're convicted.

You'll get that God awful DEMAND LETTER, and you'll end up wasting more money over a lousy $150.

Why, mate, why?

You need to just STOP stealing, it means more trouble, and you suck at it...

This poor choice is gong to cost you $1,500, maybe $2,500, because you tried to steal junk.

Okay, plead NOT guilty, ask the court if you qualify for a public defender, STOP YAPPING, stay out of more criminal trouble, and get help for your kleptomania.

You've been caught TWICE, but you know you've never stopped STEALING even after your first close call.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. You need a LAWYER your facing serious issues and Judges HATE second offenders

I want to know the worse that could happen and the best case scenerio could be.

The best case scenario obviously would be to have the charges dropped or an acquittal. Worst case scenario would be a conviction that results in jail time and a fine (although jail time for something like this is crazy unlikely).

I want know what I can do so this does not affect me in the present and future.

Unless you have access to a time travel device, this won't be possible.

Back