Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 2nd Offense M.I.P, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmoney25

On my ticket it states I got the following:

Possession of Alcohol in Vehicle: Person Under 21

23224. (b) No passenger in any motor vehicle who is under the age of 21 years shall knowingly possess or have under that person's control any alcoholic beverage, unless the passenger is accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, responsible adult relative, any other adult designated by the parent, or legal guardian for the purpose of transportation of an alcoholic beverage, or is employed by a licensee under the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act (Division 9 (commencing with Section 23000) of the Business and Professions Code), and possession or control is during regular hours and in the course of the passenger's employment. If the passenger was unaccompanied, he or she shall have a complete defense if he or she was following, in a timely manner, the reasonable instructions of his or her parent, legal guardian, responsible adult relative or adult designee relating to disposition of the alcoholic beverage.

I've gotten a M.I.P before when I didn't have a license and they stricked it off my record and put it as a "Disturbing the Peace". I got this citation last night, and I just wanted advice about what I should do, if I should plead guilty or not guilty. I also would like to know the consequences or options of this!!! Please help!

Were you in possession of alcohol?

wik iwiki dippity do

What's up with this?

Regarding the summons, pleading not guilty will delay the inevitable if you don't have any good defense. It might buy you some time to work out a deal, whatever they offer in order to plead guilty. It's not good if you've had priori problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back