Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 2nd MIP offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylor61

I am 17 years old and got a MIP last October. I went to court and did all the requirments. The judge told me that if i stayed out of trouble for three months he would defer it, which i did. I got another MIP yesterday and I was wondering that since my last one got defered, will this be considered my first or second offense? If it will be considered my second offense, how long will I lose my license? Any help would be great. Thank you.

I am 17 years old and got a MIP last October. I went to court and did all the requirments. The judge told me that if i stayed out of trouble for three months he would defer it, which i did. I got another MIP yesterday and I was wondering that since my last one got defered, will this be considered my first or second offense? If it will be considered my second offense, how long will I lose my license? Any help would be great. Thank you.

Okay, you should plead NOT GUILTY, ask for a lawyer or hire your own.

The less you talk, the better it might be for you.

No one can tell you how your case will be adjudicated.

But, you might have a drinking problem!!!!

You should seek help with AA, or some other program.

But since my first one got deferred will this still count for my second offense?

Of course it will be seen as a second offense.

You had your ONE chance and blew it.

You also have a severe drinking problem.

Get help. If you don't the court will order you to do do.

You'll are all assuming I have a drinking problem. The first mip i got was because i transported it to a friend, then I was going to go home. The second one was due to me being in a friends vehicle and getting pulled over. I also was not drinking at this time. I do not drink very much.

You'll are all assuming I have a drinking problem. The first mip i got was because i transported it to a friend, then I was going to go home. The second one was due to me being in a friends vehicle and getting pulled over. I also was not drinking at this time. I do not drink very much.

Okay, whatever you say.

You should still expect it to be handled as a second offense, because it is.

Well i just called the court house and they are saying that this will be treated as my first offense. I know a cop around here that told me since it got deffered as a class C, then it was wiped off my record. Although, I probably will not get this one deffered. And thank you mightymoose for the help rather than the opinions.

I wouldn't have expected the prior incident to be off your record until after you were 18.
At any rate, you should expect it to be handled a bit differently this time, because they still know it isn't your first offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back