Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI 2nd dui

Status
Not open for further replies.

anto

I've recently gotten my second dui in NC and was wondereing the rules and steps taken for this. Its been 3 years since my last and I was totally legal on the road, liscense- reg-etc.
Will there be jail time or extra community service or what?

I'm not sure I know the answer for this one but I'd seek representation for this matter. If you are seeking an answer for what will definitely be what you will receive I think that it is impossible to say. I does not seem that your license and registration being valid will be looked upon with favor in hoping for lenience. DWI is a serious offence and doing it twice in several states can result in suspension of your license. I believe that North Carolina does have such a law and the length of time can be even longer than three years for the multiple offense law to kick in.

See § 20-138.5. Habitual impaired driving. (3 offenses)

I'm not sure "extra community service" might be in order. This is a serious offense! People get hurt and get killed as a result of driving under the influence and if a judge thinks that you don't believe that this is really any serious matter, you might not like the results. Much depends upon the state, county, and you should seek representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back