Assault & Battery 2nd degree assault

Highlife_tat2

Jurisdiction
Colorado
My sons mom got in a fight with ex girlfriend about a week ago. Cops came. Girlfriend had to go to hospital. But they had been threatening an calling an texting my baby mama trying to push her buttons, threatening her and her family so the cops didn't give anyone a ticket but said its open case. Said the were both victims and both attackers. Today a detective called saying that he had witnesses/ neighbors and that my baby mama needs to turn herself in for second degree assault. Everything happened in the apartment tho and all the blinds were closed. And the girlfriend and her sister is still texting threatening her and family and my baby mama has filed reports with the police but they haven't done anything to help stop any of that and now because of that it has gone to this and we do not know what to do and don't have the money to hire a lawyer at the moment. Working on that but need some advice asap!

Check with a local bail binding agency to confirm if she has a warrant against her, and what it would cost to bail her out.

She should turn herself in, ASAP, after you obtain the information.
She should invoke, meaning she will make no statement or discuss the case, and will only speak with her lawyer.
You can arranger her bail, or if you're short, she'll appear before a magistrate or judge within a few hours of her booking, or no later than the next day.
She pleads not guilty before the judge, if asked, and request the court appoint an attorney to represent her.
Again, she is to make no admission, offer any explanations, except to say, "I invoke, wish to remain silent, and want a lawyer."

Then, she doesn't discuss the case.

Once all of that has happened, she waits to meet with her lawyer, stays away from the others, and keeps her mouth shut.

There is no other way, no shortcuts, nothing, except what I've told you.

Accept it, do it, get over it, and wait patiently.

View this:

Back