Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 27, 1st time offense, Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khordelia

I stupidly decided to steal about $70 from Walmart. I live in a very small town. I had no priors whatsoever and had never done anything like this. Because of that, I was taken to the back, I gave them what I had taken, and they issued a citation (if I had priors, I would have been arrested). Apparently they are used to people being freaked out and screaming and yelling because they thanked me several times for being so cooperative.

Why did I do this? Stupidity - wanting some rush feeling or something I guess. I didn't even need what I was trying to take.

What are my options? I really do not need this to be on my record, considering it will never happen again - how repeat offenders do it, I will never know. I felt horrible about it BEFORE I was caught. Is there something I should do or say at court to see if there are any options to get this taken off my record? Whatever the fine is, it will be paid within a couple weeks of court (unless it is over $500). I don't really have money to hire a lawyer, as the court fines will break me as it is.

Not be able to hire an Attoreny should not stop you from consulting several. Many offer free consultatins, get as many as you can. When you do ask about Diversion as this is best option for what you desire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back