Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 25662 B&P MIP in California

Status
Not open for further replies.

I3I2AI7DOI7

Last night I recieved a minor in possession of alcohol (25662 B&P) while at a party. This is my first offese. I have a few questions, if you are able to answer one, a few, or all I am very grateful. I am 20 years old residing in Stockton CA.

1. Will this go on my record? And for how long?
2. Can this affect me getting a job or applying into graduate school?
3. I understand that I will have to pay a fine, but do I have to take correctional classes?
4. Do my parents need to find out about this?
5. Is there anyhting I can do to lessen "The blow"?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I3I2AI7DOI7 said:
Last night I recieved a minor in possession of alcohol (25662 B&P) while at a party. This is my first offese. I have a few questions, if you are able to answer one, a few, or all I am very grateful. I am 20 years old residing in Stockton CA.

1. Will this go on my record? And for how long?
2. Can this affect me getting a job or applying into graduate school?
3. I understand that I will have to pay a fine, but do I have to take correctional classes?
4. Do my parents need to find out about this?
5. Is there anyhting I can do to lessen "The blow"?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
(1) Depends what record you are talking about but there will be records of it that can be obtained.
(2) You haven't been convicted yet and perhaps you can get a plea. In many instances a minor incident like this shouldn't prevent you from getting a good job.
(3) You aren't yet convicted and it is possible you might be able to make a plea with the prosecutor -- do a little searching here. You'll see that many are able to get adjudcation's withheld and the like where they serve a probationary period and then it is as though the charges are dropped.
(4) Perhaps not but it might not be a bad idea to speak to them and get the help and support.
(5) Speaking to an attorney may help you most. Having the experience to potentially negotiate a good plea might worth the "one time" investment.

Good luck to you. Don't let this make you crazy. You've got a great future ahead of you and hopefully you'll eb able to work this out. Let us know how things turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back