Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI 25+ yr. old misdimeaner charge in another state...where to start to clear this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydjim

OK...heres the deal....
I lived in Massachusetts when I was 18-19 yrs. old, I"m now 47. When I lived there I was pulled over and given a breathalizer and was just under the limit. I was still charged (if I can remember correctly) and was suppossed to attend a class (if I can remember). I was then let go from my job so I moved back home to DE and never went to the class.
Fast forward to today May 2011. I'm married now with 2 kids, full time job working 10 hr days and have never been in trouble with the law since. I tried to buy my son a hunting gun and was denied. That is how I came to find out about this old charge in Mass. I called the court in Mass to ask them what I should do to clear this up, because I believe (unless I'm wrong) that when I go to renew my licence in DE, they will take it. The court was dumbfounded as to why I was calling them and were not very helpful. They wouldn't tell me anything other than that over the phone. All they told me was I had to "come to court" and the only other suggestion was to write to the judge, but they said he wouldn't "be too happy about that". How do I just "go to court" when I live 6 hrs. away? HELP?

Hire a lawyer in Massachusetts and maybe he/she can resolve the matter. Do you have a warrent out for you?

Yes ....I just called the court and there is a warrent that was issued in Oct. of 1985....I askd the clerk what to do...she said I need to "come in".....

You will need to "go in" to resolve the issue because warrants just wont go away. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back