Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 21 year old consumption with minors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrePlan

My 21st birthday is coming up in less than a month, and the current plan is to spend some time at some bars, then go back to a house party (it wouldn't be my residence). If police would be called to the party, could I be charged with anything if there were people there who were not 21 (but above 18) and were drinking?

This is in Wisconsin, by the way. Anyone know, or able to point me in the direction of where I could find out?

I don't know about wisconsin, but i live in indiana and i can only say what i have seen. i was at a kegger when i was 18 and we got busted. i was sober (i'd only been there like 10 minutes) so my friends and i took breathalizers and were let go. the one guy there that was over 21 - a brother of one of the other guys there - did get arrested tho. not sure exactly what the charge was but i think it was contributing to the delinquency of minors or some such stuff. he didn't buy the booze and no one could prove he did - i don't even know who bought it. but yeah, i'd be careful where you drink now that you're 21. i'm 25 now and if there are minors around i leave because of that experience. don't know if that helps, but hope it does - watch who you hang out with basically. And besides, i think people under 21 tend to act a fool when they're drunk more often and it seems to me like parties are more likely to get busted when they're around so i just don't go.

yeh sorry not up to date on wisconsin laws. I do know that in most states the would most likely arrest the person faciltating the party (homeowner). If the Homeowner were underage the police would probly go around lookin for someone who is though.. you dont wanna get involved with distribution to minors..id say be very careful and have an escape route haha. happy birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back