Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 2 Offenses within a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzys4

Hey guys,
first some info about myself... I'm 20 years old, college student from Saint Charles Missouri, and i'm here today to hopefully get some good information pertaining to my recent arrests. I had never been arrested before this but I recieved two petty theft tickets within a week and a half (u/$500). These tickets are a direct result of a nasty heroin addiction i am currently in treatment for. The first ticket was a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt from Buckle.. the second, a dvd and videogame from walmart. I have not had court for either offense yet, and i was just wondering if anyone has any advice for what i should do?? I'm really sweating here. Will this affect my possible employment further down the road?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,
Joe

Diversion is not likely an option since you have two thefts. Using your addiction as excuse may not fair well either. You first need to start calling Lawyers. Many offer free consultations, get as many as you can. If you can afford one hire him/her if not take what you learned to your meeting with Public defender. Since you have two thefts so close together I further suggest you enroll in an Anti Shoplifting course. I recommend the course offered by NASP.

You have two offenses the second one in your problem since its the one to likley cause you jail time. Do you have any prior convictions of any kind? Let me say this that those questions are the ones you need to ask the attorney(s). They know your local courts and Judges best

I have no prior tickets or offenses or anything before this, i haven't been to court for either infraction

If your lucky and I mean lucky might get charged with 1st offense on both if no one knows or notices your same person. Once again your best off talking to an Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back