Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 1st MIP was under advisory-done, 2nd was on probation-on my record, what happens on 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousjay

Reader,
I've already had two M.I.P's and I'm not even twenty years old yet. I must be one of the most unfortuitous people on this planet.
Let me break this down for ya:

~My first M.I.P----occurred when I was 18 yrs. old. I was put under advisory of the court and assigned a probation officer to check in to and complete community service. I complied with their demands and I'm a free man again.

~My second M.I.P-----occurred approzimately 1 month after I served the advisory term I was busted again. This time I was told by the prosecuter that I had to pleed guilty. So I was put on PROBATION for another 6 months.

~I just got off...what do you think will happen if i get another MIP in the same area, what about in a different area, does it matter.

Please reply logically.
Thank you,

curiousjay

Actually, given what you got I'd say that you fortunate -- twice you were able to get away with no major penalty.

I'm not sure what the terms of your probation were, such as whether the charges were dismissed as a result of the successful completion of the probationary period. Even if this were the case, your arrests will not be wiped away. I'm not sure how these items might be factored.

The danger of being in the same area is that your records are more likely to come into play. Difficult to say how accessible certain records are out of state. I'm not sure how the court would deal with this, especially given the above, but it's likely to be heavier than probation and of higher impact.

If it were me, I'd have to seriously consider whether the benefits of drinking are worth it. You must be close to 20. It may be difficult, but give some serious thought to holding out until you are 21. If you get another one, it could have some very long lasting effects. Nobody can tell you what might happen as much could depend upon the variables... but you are tempting fate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back