Assault & Battery 1st degree assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bek0128

On December 12th, 2004 I was hot over the forehead with a mag-lite flashlight at a stripclub in Nixa, MO. I was asked to leave the club after myself and two friends were told we weren't tipping enough. We were upset but we got up and proceeded out the door. 3 bouncers, 2 managers, and the owner ended up walkikng us all the way to our car. They told us that the police were coming so we decided to wait for them because we felt we had done nothing wrong. When we got to our car I turned around and the manager got in my face and told us we weren't waiting for the police and that we had to leave immediately. He was nose to nose to me getting very angry so I shoved him away from me and then a 20 year old bouncer with prior assaults hit me above my right eye with a mag-lite flashlight. I ended up in the hospital for 2 days with 9 fractures in my eye, a severed sinus cavity, and a scar that runs from the center of my forehead to the outer edge of my eye. I still haven't got allmy vision back in my eye and I have headaches everyday. I have a lawyer on this but I would like to get another viewpoint on this. We are going after the business, and all invloved in my incident. I have no idea what something like this is worth. This is something that is going to affect me for the rest of my life. I don't want to just settle right away if my lawyer says to just so they can get their portion faster. Please help!!!

What is the case worth? Nobody can say that without a very concise knowledge of the details. It depends on the circumstances, the plaintiffs, the defendants, the jurisdiction and most, of course, on the damage. A settlement then also takes into account the value of the speedy disposition of the case compared to a drawn out trial and all trial costs.

Ask your attorney to explain to you why he is asking for the sum he is asking for. Attorneys can access databases which will show them comparable judgments to get an idea of what a case is worth. Ask your attorney if he has comparable cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back