1995 speedng tckt NC - how to clear up from CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

megh

1995 speeding ticket in Wilson County, NC
96 in 65mph
no excuse, crazy ex trying to run me off road, hit the pedal and didn't look (he liked guns) I got stopped, he took off. Wrote to courthouse to ask for delay for court date (lived in Florida) Never got a reply. Went to county courthouse, DA's office to see about it, told me I had to go to jail for 3 days then a hearing. I left ... Have tried calling, local attny inquiries, no results other than go back to NC.

I have to get this taken care of ASAP. My husband died last year and I inherited his 4 vehicles but can't get them insured/registered in CA without a license. I can't even sell them. And can't get them to stop all those penalties from piling up from not registering. Everything is still in limbo with his VA, insurances, etc so my money's really tight. I can't go to NC, not going to jail for a speeding ticket either. That seems a bit extreme.

If I need to use a lawyer, are there any who are less expensive, or do payments or something? (no credit cards)

Thanks
Mary H

megh said:
1995 speeding ticket in Wilson County, NC
96 in 65mph
no excuse, crazy ex trying to run me off road, hit the pedal and didn't look (he liked guns) I got stopped, he took off. Wrote to courthouse to ask for delay for court date (lived in Florida) Never got a reply. Went to county courthouse, DA's office to see about it, told me I had to go to jail for 3 days then a hearing. I left ... Have tried calling, local attny inquiries, no results other than go back to NC.

I have to get this taken care of ASAP. My husband died last year and I inherited his 4 vehicles but can't get them insured/registered in CA without a license. I can't even sell them. And can't get them to stop all those penalties from piling up from not registering. Everything is still in limbo with his VA, insurances, etc so my money's really tight. I can't go to NC, not going to jail for a speeding ticket either. That seems a bit extreme.

If I need to use a lawyer, are there any who are less expensive, or do payments or something? (no credit cards)

This is a challenge. I'm really not sure how to answer this. You may best hire an attorney to take care of this and negotiate on your behalf. I will tell you this little bit of information -- in many instances prosecutors have been willing to make better deals with people represented by an attorney for a variety of reasons. I know this from experience and can be due to a number of factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back