19 year old in need of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stircrazy

I'm going to give you the story to the best of my ability and as in depth as I can.

About 2 or a little more years ago, I decided I was going to buy a triton. I did not have the cash up front so my -at the time - friends dad did the a musicians friend payment deal( same as making payments on a car etc). I ended up paying for more then half the keyboard in about 4 months and then my friend offered to pay the rest if I would use the specialty keyboard to make him some beats/instrumental tracks for his album.

Now I have no proof I gave him the beats besides the fact that he is on them and I have the bounce downs aka files from the computer, the dates form the, and the full tracks with him on the tracks.

Now 2 years later me being 19 almost 20 (I was 17 or maybe even just turning or turned 18 at the time), he crashed his car and wants money so he's trying to get $1000 which is about half the amount of the keyboard-.

Now before this we were always fine with the deal, he had his beats and I had the keyboard to make them with, but now he took it as far as taking me to court knowing I don't have written proof he got the instrumentals/beats-.-----seeing how its been so long, will the courts be like, "if you didn't think the stuff wasn't fair why wouldn't you have done something before now…---"

Its small claims court. Anyways am I going to lose…. What do I do. I have less them a month till I go to court.

Also please note, in the paperwork he spelt triton wrong which is the name of the keyboard.…spelt it trident … spelt my first name wrong……….my last name on the paperwork is not even my last name……. And had my addy wrong…

I still got the papers today somehow because the mail lady has brought many papers to me by just my frist name and it had my moms last name.,….. since he had my moms last name and my first name I opened it…

please help what do I do, what do I say in court….

I have high anxiety and get panic attacks im going to have a stressful time there on the 24th..

Any help would be greatly appreciated…

ANY MORE INFO NEEDED TO HELP ME OUT PLEASE ASK, I AM BEGGING FOR HELP.I HAVE TALKED TO MY LAYER AND HE SAID I WILL BE FINE, BUT IT SEEMS IM STILL MORE STRESSED THEN I HAVE EVER BEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

This will be remember forever and your help could save a young man from forgetting that in the end the person that is right will win.

I have faith but also will have worry's because I never been to court and don't know what to expect.

Thank you and have a great day, for taking the time to read this all I can say is I appreciate it. Its about 3: 30 am and I have not been able to get any sleep and will be checking on this as much as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back