Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 19/broward county,fl/first offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnv

recently, i have been caught of stealing from STORE NAME. it was like 30 dollars worth of stuff. didnt get cuffed. just got the court date and a paper from the store about the civil demand. i have just a couple of questions if it can be answered.

-How much should i be expecting to pay for this civil demand?
-If i were to get an attorney, how much would it cost in all? (including the court cost, lawyers time, ect.)
-What would happen if i were to go alone without a lawyer? this is my first offense. i was thinking of going, pleading guilty and seeing what would happen from there. i am a college student and have a job. if i were to just explain myself to the judge of how dumb it was and how it was a dumb spur of the moment thing, would it work out? i could ask the judge for that diversion program myself or should i definatley get a lawyer?

any help would be helpful. thanks in advance

When facing criminal charges it is best to obtain legal counsel. You can hire a lawyer or get a public defender. They can help you determine if the state has a case against you where they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you intended to steal the merchandise. They can also help you with possible defenses to help mitigate your exposure to jail time.

Call the clerk and ask for information on legal counsel well before your court date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back