18 year old traffic ticket in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobarthur

I have applied for a renewal of my drivers license in CA where I have lived since 1983. I am told that the state of NC has notified the National Drivers License Registry that I have an outstanding notice to appear for a $50 ticket dated 05-17-1989. CA is witholding my license unitl I settle with NC. I cannot get through to the Guilford County office to find out how to do this because "all agents are busy with other calls. Call back later."

I have never lived in NC but I have driven through the state from time to time. I have no recollection of this event. The NC DMV referred me to the Guilford County phone number and told me that after I settle with the county, I shold also mail $50 to the NC DMV. I beleive that I must also pay a fee to the NDLR. Is there anyway to avoid this scam? In the meantime, my CA license is expired even though CA has cashed my renewal check.

That is the law I can't see how you can get around it…………..Unless it was not you. Trying to solve that could take forever…………. Check their website and see other means of contact. If not you just have to keep trying over the phone. They would honor your check after all this is cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back