Assault & Battery 17 yrs old & NO RIGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

katdom

A young girl who has a very abusive father(psychologically,emotionally & verbally)she is 17 yrs old. She refuses to go to Family services because the last time they did(she has a sister)it just made it worse. Can she move out with out his consent?If she did can she file a restraining order against him?She is getting desperate.

She can move out with no repercussions at age 18.

If she is being abused or harmed, she should call "911" or tell an official at her school.

Otherwise, she will make trouble for herself should she leave without mom's or dad's permission.

She has already done the "Family Services" route- it only makes it worse. So basically she has to wait until he physically abuses her until she can leave? What if she runs away, would anything happen to those people who even though they tell her to go home? What happens if they allow her to stay?

The only legal way for this 17 year old to leave home is on her 18th birthday.
If she doesn't wait (and isn't in jeopardy, as determined by the police), she'll only cause trouble for herself and others who aid, harbor, and assist her.
WAIT!!!

Or, call "911".
If the cops haven't acted, there must be no threat.

The only legal way for this 17 year old to leave home is on her 18th birthday.
If she doesn't wait (and isn't in jeopardy, as determined by the police), she'll only cause trouble for herself and others who aid, harbor, and assist her.
WAIT!!!

Or, call "911".
If the cops haven't acted, there must be no threat.

I disagree with you...abusive people are often very good at hiding the abuse. The police often have their hands tied because they are unable to "prove" the existence of such abuse. This is such a common misconception among the general public, and it's why abuse victims feel so alienated. It's not easy to get out of! One teenager I know discussed her situation with someone she trusted at school, then refused to go home. She explained what happened the FIRST time a report was filed, and said she wasn't going through that at home. Keep trying. If the first person doesn't listen, KEEP TRYING. There ARE people out there to help!

Okay, disagree.

That doesn't change the law.

I disagree with you...abusive people are often very good at hiding the abuse. The police often have their hands tied because they are unable to "prove" the existence of such abuse. This is such a common misconception among the general public, and it's why abuse victims feel so alienated. It's not easy to get out of! One teenager I know discussed her situation with someone she trusted at school, then refused to go home. She explained what happened the FIRST time a report was filed, and said she wasn't going through that at home. Keep trying. If the first person doesn't listen, KEEP TRYING. There ARE people out there to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back