Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI 17 yr old, pulled over, BAC of .035

Status
Not open for further replies.

drt0

nothing on my rec, except for a helmet violation, which i was let go with promise to not do it again.

i received a traffic infraction, and violation was just for BAC reading.

i only have a provisional license.
but it was about midnight, and i had 5 other people in my car.
the only charge on the citation is for the BAC. can the judge charge me for driving other minors, and breaking provisional driving curfew? do i have to tell the judge? on the citation, it said that i was pulled over from a reported fight, which i was not involved in. but the guy who was, was in my car.

what will my charge be? will it be on the judge's opinion? or is it a 1year suspension, with no exception?
should i request a hearing?

if you want the whole story, please tell me, it is a long and interesting story, judge might understand...

Last edited:
Your citation is for one thing only.
Don't go offering information about anything else that might have been happening, but if questions are asked then you had better answer honestly.
If you admit to something that is not on the citation then there is no telling what a judge might do. Don't bring it up.

nothing on my rec, except for a helmet violation, which i was let go with promise to not do it again.

i received a traffic infraction, and violation was just for BAC reading.

i only have a provisional license.
but it was about midnight, and i had 5 other people in my car.
the only charge on the citation is for the BAC. can the judge charge me for driving other minors, and breaking provisional driving curfew? do i have to tell the judge? on the citation, it said that i was pulled over from a reported fight, which i was not involved in. but the guy who was, was in my car.

what will my charge be? will it be on the judge's opinion? or is it a 1year suspension, with no exception?
should i request a hearing?

if you want the whole story, please tell me, it is a long and interesting story, judge might understand...

Get a lawyer. It is well worth the cost for a DUI. At the very least, the lawyer can negotiate a better plea than you could get on your own. I'm guessing CA, like my state (NC), is a zero tolerance state for people under 18 on provisional licenses.

You want to go up with a plea agreement, rather than just leave it up to a judge's discretion.

Also, a lawyer will tell you whether CA will allow expungements of DUIs that you got before your 18th Birthday. If so, do that. An expungement doesn't cost a lot, and it's good to get something like this off your record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back