Assault & Battery 17 yr old facing 7yrs in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm2013

My best friends daughter is 17 yrs old as of august 2013 she has a lot going on she has been found incompetent and has been mostly in treatment faciltys her whole life. What can her family do to help her so she is able to get the help she needs and avoid 7 yrs in prison.

The best they can do is continue to get the help she needs and not rely on the state to provide it. A 17 year old is unlikely to spend 7 years in prison except for the most serious and dangerous offenses.
Commitment to a mental health facility is a possibility.

The family should continue getting whatever type of help she needs. I assume the family has a lawyer they are working with re her offense(s).

Its not for me to decide but this girl is like family to me I know her that well. For what she is being charged with is nothing that serious and jail or prison is not a rehabilitation or theraputic place so yes it is up to me and her family to figure things out for her and if you can't give advice then don't post your thoughts are really unnecessary and not needed! Seriously this is not time for games people come to these forums for advice!

The family works with the professionals who work with the courts so do some research....idiots is the problem with this world!

The family should continue getting whatever type of help she needs. I assume the family has a lawyer they are working with re her offense(s).

She is currently incarcerated so not too much can be done at the moment and lawyer is not giving good advice

The mother was told she may be able to plead guitly for reason of insanity but not sure if that would help or hurt the outcome

She is currently incarcerated so not too much can be done at the moment and lawyer is not giving good advice

And you expect strangers on a message board, with no information about the case, to provide better advice?

I don't know why you think the lawyer is not giving good advice but since we don't have complete details re her situation, there is no way we can provide any more advice than already given.

You can (or her parents can), fire her current lawyer and retain a lawyer they feel better qualified to represent her.

The mother was told she may be able to plead guitly for reason of insanity but not sure if that would help or hurt the outcome

The old "insanity plea" happens in movies and on Law & Order.

The legal reality is that not only is this a very rare occurrence, but that it rarely, rarely works.

Yet we try to answer their questions every day.

Its not for me to decide but this girl is like family to me I know her that well. For what she is being charged with is nothing that serious and jail or prison is not a rehabilitation or theraputic place so yes it is up to me and her family to figure things out for her and if you can't give advice then don't post your thoughts are really unnecessary and not needed! Seriously this is not time for games people come to these forums for advice!

The family works with the professionals who work with the courts so do some research....idiots is the problem with this world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back