17 yr old daughter tells me someone hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

star49

Hi, My daughter got home and was in a really testy mood. I asked her what was wrong. She tells me that someone has hacked into her computer, her email and aim instant messages. That they know her password. THEN, I see her talking to this hacker on AIM. She says she doesn't know who this person is. I see their conversations and she is asking them why they just can't be friends and why have they done this and how did they know her password. Yes we have 2 computers one with a router. Did someone go by my house and hack in? What do I do?

We cant tell you how this happened. Shes young she probably told someone her password or made it obivious. She needs to change all her passwords today and tell no one!

If the hacker is on AIM, why don't you report this to AIM? Does it matter how they hacked your daughter's account? My guess is that they didn't break into your (wireless?) router although it is possible. Hacking can also be done the old fashioned way - trickery. Someone could phish/fish for data from your impressionable daughter who didn't even realize she gave up her password. Perhaps she might even know the hackers which is why she's asking to be friends... good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back