17 year old first speeding ticket. Please help!

Axton

I got a ticket for doing 60 in a 35.

I know I was not going that fast. There was a turn so I was slowing down. I was speeding, but maybe only 15 over.

I didn't argue with the cop or anything. I was extremely polite to the officer. This was my first ever being pulled over by a cop. And of course, he gave me a ticket instead of a warning...

What do I do? I'm a dual enrollment student who does college full-time and I also work on weekends. I CANNOT lose my license.

For those who say I deserve it, I will pay the fine with no problem. I just don't want to lose my license. I have never done 25 over anywhere.

You might want to get or have your parents get you a traffic law attorney. He/she should be able to get you the best outcome possible. The lawyer will have suggestions/advice for you. Maybe traffic school will be an option.

Under 21 Years of Age MANDATORY Drivers Lecense Suspension

The driver's license of any person under 21 years of age convicted of any of the following offenses shall be SUSPENDED:
001-Hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident in violation.
002-Racing on highways or streets.
003-Using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer.
004-Reckless driving.
005-Any offense for which four or more points are assessable.
006-Unlawful passing of a school bus.
007-Improper passing on a hill or curve.
008-Exceeding the speed limit by 24 miles per hour or more.
009-Aggressive Driving.
010-Purchasing an alcoholic beverage.
011-Driving under the Influence.
012-Misrepresenting age for purpose of illegally obtaining any alcoholic beverage.
013-Misrepresenting identity or using false identification for purpose of purchasing or obtaining any alcoholic beverage.
014-The driver's license of any person under 18 years of age who has accumulated a violation point count of four or more points within any 12 month period.

I think I might still talk to a traffic law attorney to see about getting a reduction in charges. Of course, there certainly is no guarantee.

When using these public forums, please do not be so descriptive. Don't admit that you were speeding. Say that you were ticketed at a certain rate. Your age makes this more of an issue, and puts the issue of license suspension on the table. An attorney with experience in Traffic matters in your state would be a good first step.

Back